College football is part of our southern heritage; it’s as rooted in the south as sweet tea or wearing your Sunday best.
After months of patiently waiting, it’s finally time to break out your college gear and cheer on your favorite team. With so many great college football programs across our southern footprint, we want to kick off the season in style.
National College Colors Day
Join us on August 31 to celebrate National College Colors Day in your trademarked attire. Store teams will be showing their best team spirit by wearing local team colors and gear and you should too! In partnership with global sports leader IMG, join us for this brand-new event in 58 stores in the cities listed below. Let’s kick off football season in the South by unleashing your colors.
- Alabama: Alabaster, Auburn, Birmingham, Cullman, Decatur, Guntersville, Huntsville, Jasper, Mobile, Montgomery, Prattville, Spanish Fort, Trussville, Tuscaloosa
- Arkansas: Rogers, Russellville
- Florida: Gainesville, Jacksonville, Tallahassee
- Georgia: Athens, Canton, Carrollton, Centerville, Cumming, Evans, Macon, Marietta, Newnan, Valdosta, Winder
- Mississippi: Columbus, Flowood, Meridian, Tupelo
- North Carolina: Durham, Gastonia, Morehead City, Raleigh (Crabtree), Raleigh (Triangle), Winston Salem
- South Carolina: Anderson, Columbia, Easley, Greenville, Greer, Lancaster, North Augusta, Rock Hill, Seneca, Spartanburg
- Tennessee: Johnson City, Knoxville, Maryville, Morristown
- Virginia: Roanoke
Belk College Kickoff Game
Will you be in your orange and white or yellow and blue from College Colors day come September? Great news! You’re ready to cheer on Tennessee or West Virginia in a historic Belk College Kickoff game. On September 1, these teams will face each other for the first time ever and Belk is honored to host the game at Bank of America stadium. Fans from near and far can check out the hottest game day looks in our on-site lockers at FanFest, and cheer with Belk fans (no matter the college). Visit your local Belk store, or Belk.com, to find the perfect look to cheer on your favorite team!
Stay tuned for tips to get equipped for every big game this season.