“Give more than you take in life.”
A former Orem, Utah resident, Jacob earned his Bachelor of Science in Business from Brigham Young University before going on to earn his Master of Business Administration from the University of Utah.
Outside of Belk, Jacob and his wife stay busy by keeping up with their five children.
Jacob serves as Belk’s Chief Marketing Officer where he drives the business and customer satisfaction with a focus on all things marketing. He and his team are responsible for leading our organization to a deeper understanding of our customers and developing the best customer experience across every touchpoint.
In his former role as the General Manager of North America Goods at Groupon, Jacob was part of a more than 400-member team responsible for merchandising, planning, analytics, pricing, operations and technology. Before Groupon, he was the VP of e-commerce at Aeropostale and received retail experience overseeing its website strategy, mobile/tablet marketing and more.
- My hero: Hands down my wife. She is an amazing mom to our five kids and my best friend. I’m one lucky guy!
- Favorite city in the world: New York City. I worked there for 5 years and absolutely loved it.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be: Just like my dad.
- Three must-have foods on a deserted island: Jerky, graham crackers & milk, and nachos with jalapeño peppers.
- Actor to play me in a movie about my life: Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite.