“The best advice I’ve ever received is to be humble and hungry.” Nir Patel
A Huntsville, Alabama native, Nir traveled northeast to Boston University where he earned his bachelor’s degree in finance. After college, he has spent his career moving from retailer to retailer, learning the ins and outs of the business.
Nir and his wife, Jennifer, have three young children. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, watching college football and spending time with his family.
As our Chief Merchandising Officer, Nir focuses on refining our brands and leading the entire merchandising team under one strategic vision. As our former Executive Vice President/GMM of Men’s/Home/Kids & Global Sourcing, Nir has years of experience building the customer journey and making it as convenient as possible for them. Under his leadership, his teams continue to focus on expanding Crown & Ivy into Kids and Home.
Nir joined Belk from Kohl’s where he was the Senior Vice President of Men’s, Young Men’s, Juniors and Kids. Before Kohls, he worked for Lands’ End where he oversaw the launch of their new website and improved online sales.
Five Fast Facts:
1. Life philosophy in 10 words or less: Keep on keepin’ on.
2. Favorite restaurant of all time: Pizza Hut.
3. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an: Astronaut.
4. Last song I shamelessly sang in the car: “In My Feelings” by Drake.
5. People would be surprised to know about: My love of spicy fried chicken.