“No matter your role in the company, the customer should always be your priority.”
With nearly 30 years of retail experience under his belt, Don Hendricks has overseen information technology (IT), distribution, logistics, store management, operations, and other retail specific roles. Prior to jumping into the retail world, he earned his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Loyola University Chicago.
In his spare time, you can find Don spinning, visiting art museums or spending time with family.
As our Chief Retail Officer, Don’s responsible for ensuring that our customers are receiving the best products and service no matter when or how they shop with us. He believes everyone in the organization should always be focused on the customer. Whether someone’s role is to serve the customer directly, purchase clothes the customer will love, or place those clothes in our stores, the customer experience should always be top of mind.
Before joining Belk, Don was the Chief Information Officer at Gymboree Corporation and Chief Operating Officer and Chief Information Officer at Hot Topic and Torrid. Don has served in various information technology and distribution positions with many retailers, including working with CEO Lisa Harper at Hot Topic, Torrid and Gymboree.
1. Favorite hobbies in my spare time: Reading spy novels and fishing.
2. Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones.
3. First job: During high school, I was the school janitor after hours to help pay for my tuition.
4. Last song I shamelessly sang in the car: Anything Grateful Dead…every morning, every day.
5. Favorite movie: Star Wars. In fact, he once played Yoda in a work video.